Giving Tuesday is an opportunity for people worldwide to come together to give, show kindness, thank, and share what they have with those in need. In Forsyth County, we are working hard to ensure everyone has the opportunity to thrive!
Kick off the holidays with a gift to the place we call home and the people that make it unique. Your donations of time and treasure make a difference in over 38,000 lives in Forsyth County.
Here are just a few examples of the opportunities your investment creates:
- $25 provides a low-income resident with a primary healthcare provider at the Community Care Center.
- $50 enrolls an unemployed individual in a five-week computer and employment skills training class with WinstonNET.
- $100 prepares a resident to plan for becoming a responsible homebuyer through the Financial Pathways of the Piedmont Center for Homeownership.
- $250 provides safe shelter, safety, and crisis planning, a 24-hour crisis line, and assistance navigating the court process to a survivor of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and elder abuse from Family Services Forsyth County.
- $500 helps two households with free tax preparation during tax season through the Experiment in Self Reliance Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
- $1,000 offers a senior citizen a year of physical & mental exercises, education on medical care, healthy behaviors, nutrition, social interactions, crafts, games and field trips, a gym, a dining area, and a garden at The Salvation Army CiVIC Senior Center.
Together we can LIVE UNITED.